Tuesday, June 5, 2007

I've never been to England, but I kind of like the Beatles...

So I got new strings for my guitar today. And I realized something. You need to prepare yourself to walk into a music store, because inevitably someone always wants to make conversation. It's just a fact. The guy at Sam Goody the other day informed me that I was buying "the ultimate mellow cd collection". And then proceeded to tell me about his roomate who is obsessed with the Shins and was really happy when The Garden State soundtrack made them popular. They were in that soundtrack? Guess so. I wasn't aware/didn't notice. Apparently his roomate was also into Avril Lavigne when she was still an underground act. Not that I was buying her cd... I actually don't know how she came up in the conversation. But she did.
The guy in Record and Tape Traders felt the need to inform me about Mr. Rogers being involved in some shady business...I don't remember really. Sniper? I have no idea. Something about a tattoo. Anyways, Mr. Rogers always kind of creeped me out. But apparently my friend had heard about it and she and the guy talked/flirted for awhile about this. She is the queen of trivial knowledge, and he seemed to dig it.

So I like quirky conversation. It's better than the usual 'wow...it's really...hot out today...'. But somehow, normal questions throw me off... Why am I so awkward?

Today, at Jams music store:
Rather good looking guitar guy- "So what kind of music do you play?"
Me-"Um...folk, I guess..."
Guy-"Oh yeah? What kind of bands are you into?"
Me-"Uh..." *racking my brain to think of at least one band out of my 1765 favorites so I can appear halfway intelligent* "Well...I like a LOT."

I don't know why I do this.


Anyways...
So I knew Elijah Wood was in the Cranberries 'Ridiculous Thoughts' video, but apparently he was also in Paula Abdul's 'Forever Your Girl'. Weird.

Yeah I don't have anything else interesting to say. Not at the moment at least.




Favorite cd: Cassadaga. so so good.

Movies to go see:

No comments: